All aboard the Potty Train...choo choo!!

Ahhh....it's almost 8pm on Saturday night and our first diaperless day has finally come to a close. We decided to go all out and do no diapers/pullups on a day when we had a birthday party to celebrate - at a bouncy house, no less! I give Jason all the props for taking him to the potty every thirty minutes or so while we were out to ensure a good result. It worked! We were a little more lax with him this afternoon at home, but I'm thrilled to say that he wore his underwear ALL day and never had an accident. After a full day of dry unders, he earned back the train that he lost yesterday after willfully peeing in his pants as we played outside. That was quite the downer. Man, do I hate disciplining my kid. I mean, I HATE it. I do not know how my parents did it. I know now that it was hard on them, but growing up I would never have known that! How is it exactly that the older you get, the smarter your parents seem? My dad told me that a few years ago, and he was absolutely right.

I can only hope that tomorrow goes as well. I know that we'll have some setbacks, I just have to be as tough as I can with Will in the meantime. Ugh. Pics from the party will be up tomorrow, hopefully. AND....hopefully I'll be able to unveil the awesome crafty project that Jay and I have been working on - new cornice boards for our bedroom. I'm crossing my fingers they turn out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment